Is it your job to take visual, comps, prototypes, sketches and concepts and turn them into interactive UIs? Are you happy doing both design and development tasks?
I’m asking because, I’m on a bit of a quest to find a happily accepted name for your role; which happens to be my favorite role as well.
I would have called this the noun project, but that names already taken. Did you already know about that project because you’re hoping to use some of those icons in future projects? (If you didn’t know about the site, then you’re welcome for the link).
Does the speedily-drawn sketch below somewhat represent what a machine built in the 1960s might look like to replace you at work?
If that is what you do, what title do you use to explain yourself?
Maybe something like:
- Visual Developer (using only your eyes to program?)
- Creative Developer (aren’t all good developers creative?)
- Devigner (a portmanteau as disliked as Brangelina and dancercise)
- Front-end Specialist (sounds dirty to some of use)
- Integrator (aka – a device to perform operations in calculus)
- Person who makes things pretty (ugh)
- Interface Builder ( a true tool)
- UI Builder (generic but accurate)
Please add your suggested title by commenting below. If you know someone who does work like this, let them about this post know and ask them to comment.