I spent the last 9 months developing a Windows 8 app. It’s not in the store and I’m not sure it ever will be. It was a proof of concept and something very different for the company, so I believe it met its goal of adding energy in that direction and hopefully some inspiration.
Unfortunately though all of this knowledge on developing a Win8 app (WinJS/C++ specifically) was not shared. Of course it’s complicated with NDAs, deprecated knowledge of past builds and the fact that I just didn’t catalog much of what I learned.
I just signed up for a new project last Friday which should keep me solidly fixed in the Win8 world for a while. And this time I am going to keep a log on the web, call it a web log or even a blog, if you like.
My goal is to bring together all of the notes, trials, discoveries and odd things that come up over the course of the week and then have a post ready the following Monday.
The content will cover developing unnamed (“Metro”) apps using WinJS with a focus on UI development, working with a design team and the language of Windows 8.
That’s it for now, just a tiny commitment to posting weekly about my Win8 development journey. It should be fun.